05/15/2021 - 05/15/2021
Virtual Competition Entries
The 2021 K-12 Honors Competition will take place as a virtual, recorded competition. The competition is open to all students Kindergarten – 12th Grade. Students, with the help of their teachers, may self select the category in which each participant chooses to compete. Please choose the category most appropriate to your level at the time of recording. Accompaniment is not required.Videos should be recorded in one take with no editing. Full competition details and registration will be available on the website in the coming weeks. Video recordings are due at 11:59pm on Saturday, May 15, 2021. Results will be announced at 10:00am on Saturday, May 22, 2021 in a Virtual Awards Ceremony as well as on the website and social media accounts.
Competition Fee: $5
Student Membership: $20
All participants must have a current 2020-2021 CFA Membership.
- All competition entries must be submitted as a video. Submissions do not need to be professional quality. Cell phone camera or similar recording devices are acceptable and encouraged.
- Upload competition videos to YouTube or Vimeo as an Unlisted video. Links to videos will be shared on the registration form.
- Stand an appropriate distance from the recording device so adjudicators can see and hear you clearly.
- Record three videos:
- Video 1: State your name, age, and competition level.
- Video 2: Piece #1
- Video 3: Piece #2
- Each piece should be recorded separately. Each video should be one continuous, unedited performance.
- Members of the Colorado Flute Association Board of Directors will watch the videos and provide comments for each competitor. (Those Board members who have students competing will not serve as an adjudicator for that level)
K-12 Honors Competition Registration
Both Pieces Required:
Suzuki Book 1 – Fireflies
Essential Elements – Aura Lee
All pieces can be found in 40 Little Pieces – Louis Moyse
#12 – Little Piece – Mozart
#17 – Andante – Schubert
#13 – Aria – Handel
Schumann – Romanze
Edition in Bb Major – The Young Flutist’s Recital Book – Louis Moyse
or Student’s may use the original version in A Major – play only measures 1-26
Clementi – Sonatina: Spiritoso and Andante (no repeats)
Found in Album of Sonatinas for Young Flutists – Louis Moyse
Nielsen – Children Are Playing
Kokopeli – Katherine Hoover
Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges, Sonata No. 1 (violin) in Bb Major, Op. 1a No. 1, I. Allegro
Chopin – Variations on a Theme by Rossini (no repeats)
Daniel Cueto – Tuhuayo
Serenade – Howard Hanson
Fanmi Imen – Valerie Coleman